Atlantic Beach Pie
If you love lemon desserts, you must give this a try. Salty/sour/sweet flavors and the crunchy/chewy/creamy/velvety textures are everything!
- Saltine Crust
- 1.5 Sleeves of Saltine Crackers (about 6 ounces or 60 crackers)
- 1/2 cup Softened Unsalted Butter
- 3 tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1 14-oz. Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup Lemon or Lime Juice, or a mix of the two
- Fresh whipped cream, for garnish
- Lime or Lemon Zest, for garnish
- Flaky Sea Salt, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Crush the crackers finely, but not to dust. You can use a food processor or your hands.
Add the sugar, then knead in the butter until the crumbs hold together like dough.
Press into an 8-inch pie pan. Chill for 15 minutes, then bake for 18 minutes or until the crust is light golden brown.
While the crust is cooling (it doesn't need to be cold), beat the egg yolks into the milk, then beat in the citrus juice.
Completely combine these ingredients into a smooth homogeneous mixture.
Pour into the Saltine crust and bake for 16 minutes until the filling has set.
Completely cool pie before slicing.
Serve with fresh whipped cream, zest and a sprinkling of flaky sea salt.