Chicken with Artichokes and Olives
Mediterranean flavors come together in this light and easy, one-pan dish. Flavored with olives, wine, herbs and lemon, this healthy dish is great for meal prep and it's an easy weeknight meal.
- 4-6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil, more if needed
- 1 14-oz. Can of Artichoke Hearts, drained, halved and patted dry
- 1 15.5-oz. Can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Olives (Kalamata, Chalkidiki, or whatever you like), halved or quartered
- 4 cloves Fresh Garlic, smashed and rough chopped
- 3/4 cup Dry White Wine
- Zest of Half a Lemon
- Juice of 1/2 - 1 Lemon
- 3-4 Rosemary Sprigs
- 1 tbsp. Unsalted Butter (or olive oil)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
- Flat Leaf Parsley, rough chopped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Salt and pepper chicken and brown in pan over medium high heat, about 5 minutes each side. Transfer chicken to separate plate.
Add garlic, artichokes, chickpeas and crushed red pepper flakes to pan. Add more olive oil if necessary. Lightly brown the artichokes, about 7 minutes.
Add olives, wine, lemon zest and rosemary to pan. Stir, then add chicken back to pan and bring to a simmer.
Cover and place in oven for 15-30 minutes or until internal chicken temp reads 165-170, or juices run clear.
Remove pan from oven and transfer chicken to separate plate.
Over medium high heat, bring remaining juices to a simmer and add one tablespoon butter. Simmer until butter is melted.
Return chicken to the pan and add lemon juice and parsley.