Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Not-too-sweet, pumpkin spice adds the fall flavor, while the cream cheese plays a slightly savory role to give these muffins a satisfying richness. Perfect with a cup of coffee.
- Muffin Batter:
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin (pure pumpkin puree)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used Grapeseed Oil)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (I used Vanilla paste)
- Cream Cheese:
- 8 oz cream cheese (If you can find it, use the pre-whipped cream cheese. It's so much easier to work with!)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I used Vanilla paste)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Place paper or silicone baking cups into muffin pan.
In large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
In a small bowl, whisk flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt until well combined. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in sugar and vanilla extract and beat until well combined. Set aside.
Slowly add the four mixture to the pumpkin mixture and whisk until there are no lumps. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture. Add another dollop of pumpkin batter and use a toothpick to swirl it together.
Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.