New Hawaiian Pizza
The juicy sweetness from pineapple perfectly balances coppa and the creamy richness of mozzarella. Red onions add bite; red pepper flakes give a little heat. Fresh basil leaves to finish, tone down the fruity pineapple sweetness with its own herbal sweetness.
- 1 Prepared Pizza Dough
- 1/2 16-oz. Package of Sliced Fresh Mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 1 3-oz. Package of Italian Coppa
- 1/2 20-oz. Can of Pineapple Chunks, each chunk halved lengthwise to make a flatter chunk of pineapple
- 1/4 Medium Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2-1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- Fresh Basil Leaves to Finish
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
On a floured pizza peel, dust the dough with flour and create a crust around the perimeter of the dough and flatten down the center.
Stretch it out on the backs of your hands, left hand over right hand, until the dough is roughly 12-inches around.
Add more flour evenly on the peel and lay the dough on the peel.
First add cheese, then coppa. Then pineapple, followed by onions. Then a little more cheese and top with the red pepper flakes. Remember to distribute the toppings evenly over the surface of the dough.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden.
Mop the wet areas with a paper towel and sprinkle on the fresh basil leaves.